The Right of Way / Permitting Manager is responsible for managing right of way and permitting acquisition efforts for Utility Projects (long haul, fiber optic cable routes) nationwide. Main responsibilities include; managing staff, ensuring accuracy of line lists, monitoring acquisition progress through established tracking tools and ensure effective communication of issues to the engineering and environmental teams. Finally, identifying problem permits and easements, and ensuring they get focused attention is essential.
• Manage a tracking and reporting process to keep project stakeholders appraised of Right of Way and Permitting activities across multiple projects.
• Travel as necessary to meet with the customer and/or help with acquisition of key, or problem, easements.
Right of Way / Easement
• Develop and maintain a detailed easement acquisition plan of work to accurately forecast easement acquisition efforts.
• Easement acquisition budget tracking and forecast.
• Participate in project management/customer meetings to communicate the acquisition plan.
• Report on acquisition progress weekly and as needed on key, or problem, easements.
• Ensure other project teams are kept abreast of acquisition progress.
• Experience working with right of way agents acquiring easements on linear projects.
• Experience hiring and managing a sub-consultant right of way acquisition company.
• Maintain a database of permit requirements for past and ongoing projects.
• Develop and maintain a detailed permitting plan of work to accurately forecast permit acquisition efforts.
• Permit budget tracking and forecasting.
• Oversight of the preparation and submission of permit packages to all relevant jurisdictions.
• Participate in meetings with city, county, state and/or federal regulators to define regulatory requirements and schedules.
• Interface with design teams to ensure permit requirements are put into drawings and specifications.
• 5+ years’ experience in engineering/right of way related industry. Ideal experience would be in telecom engineering or right of way.
• Experience obtaining federal, state, county and municipal permitting for various civil or utility projects.
• Experience obtaining easements.
• Ability to manage a right of way program acquiring 100+ easements.
• Familiarity of a right of way line list.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required to effectively communicate concepts to other staff and develop and maintain relationships with clients, sub consultants, and regulatory agencies.
• Knowledge of internet research, map software, collaboration tools, and project management software.
• Knowledge of public recording systems related to property purchase, taxation and ownership.
• Ability to read and interpret real estate documents, abstracts and related property interest documents including title reports.
• Ability to read engineering drawings and related maps.
• Ability to comprehend and understand legal descriptions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.